We are Excited to be Working with you!
70+ 5-Star Reviews | Official Google Patner
Lights, Camera, Action!
We know how nervous you may feel about your upcoming video shoot so we have compiled a list of resources to help you feel more prepped for the big day. If you have any additional questions feel free to give us a call at (509) 792-3283.
What to Wear
- Choose solid, darker-colored clothing.
- Avoid patterns and wearing plain white.
- Choose comfortable clothes that make you feel like an expert.
- Avoid any dangling/loud accessories or jewelry as they might be picked up by a mic.
- If you wear glasses, take them off or wear contacts. Glasses are notorious for reflecting light and the set back into the camera. People want to see your eyes, not the soft-boxes on the set.
- Bring a spare set of clothes, just in case. You don’t want anything to happen to your camera-ready outfit.
What to Expect During Your Video Testimonial
- Oftentimes you’ll be asked to rephrase the question because your statement has to stand alone without the interviewer’s question. Re-phrase and answer in complete sentences. It sounds elementary but is easily forgotten. For example, if you’re asked, “What is your favorite color?” then your complete answer is “My favorite color is red.” If you just said “Red” without context that answer will most likely end up on the cutting room floor.
- Keep your answers short unless the director asks you to elaborate. Typically the best sound bites are 1-2 concise sentences.
- Use your hands and speak louder than usual. You know that saying about the camera adding 10 lbs. What some people don’t tell you is that video cameras can also suck the life out of people if you let them. The louder and more enthusiastic you are, the better this will come across on-camera. I’m not talking about acting like a salesman. Minor changes like speaking up and gesturing with your hands will help in a major way.
- Finally, don’t beat yourself up. Oftentimes we use a 2 camera set-up, which allows us to cut and edit between cameras in order to get the best answers. The more you’re hard on yourself, the more nervous you’ll become, and the more this will come across in the video. Relax and take solace in the fact that everyone there is your support team.
- Video works because it fosters authentic, human-to-human connections. So, if you rehearse what you’re going to say too much, you’ll sound scripted and insincere.